Single Cold Rad after flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a single cold rad downstairs, I've flushed all the gunge out of it and system has had inhibitor over last year. All other rads work Fine and seems to get hot at copper pipes either side.

If I switch all majority of other rads off then it works fine.
When the rads off water runs clear from both feeds although appears 'foamy'
it did work fine beggining of last winter but got progressively worse. Could it be gunge in the rest of the system, an air lock or low pressure?

Any advice for clearing an airlock or good chemical for clearing gunge from the system?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I guess it must have been balanced in the past as it definately worked fine for the previous 3 years before late last winter when the problem started happening, is there a way to check this? Or is this not straight forward?

Sponsored Links
Many thanks that sorted it out, was quite obvious once done but not had to balance the heating system before. Really appreciated as got it working just before the cold spell we're going though now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back