single pipe heating systems with combi boilers

hello people, thanks for all the responses but i really wasn't wanting to start an argument amongst you all.

My main concern was that the system wasn't efficient and therefore costing me more than it should be in heating bills. Even when my heating is on full my house is still freezing (and yes I have bled the radiators) to the point that you can see your breath.

I wasn't expecting my boiler to be changed, just the pipework and radiators which I feel is only fair as I pay the same rent as everyone else, if not more than most as I do actually pay rent for those who seem to be looking down their noses at me for living in a council house.

For the record I'm a she not a he :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If you live in council accomadation then beggars can't be choosers; they have finite resources and allocate them accordingly.

If your not happy rent privately or buy; the taxpayer has bigger fish to fry.

You recommend getting a local councillor involved. For what purpose?
Simples ;) She is being discriminated against. Her local councillor will be able to find out the real reason and, if he considers it unfair, be able to put pressure on the council to change its mind. That's what councillors are there for.

She is not asking for more than all the other tenants are getting - in fact she is asking for less.

Then, using your logic, they would not replace any system. Which begs the question: why are they replacing all the other tenants' systems?

no they would replace them when they need replacing. Do you replace your system every 10years?? why not then? surely if you agree its a good use of funds you would do it yourself??

You wrote: "As long as the heating works I don't see what the problem is. Your not paying for it remember."

I took that to mean that you thought he was not paying for the heating. If you are saying that you meant he was not paying for the heating system, I can't see what relevance that has to your first sentence. Its a non sequitur.

Yes you took it wrong. Using fancy words just make you look more a tw4t by the way. Are you a politician, councillor or civvie? I can't imagine your smug, tw4t attitude surviving anywhere else.

Sponsored Links
Then, using your logic, they would not replace any system. Which begs the question: why are they replacing all the other tenants' systems?
no they would replace them when they need replacing.
But that's defying your logic. You originally wrote:
As long as they have a safe and functional heating system there is no issue. The logic is saving taxpayers money in a recession, instead of upgrading everyones system every few years because there's something more efficient available.
The only way to save taxpayers money is not to spend it. Installing a "more efficient" heating system will save the tenant money, but it certainly won't save the tax payer. From what the OP said in his original post, the council are replacing systems just because they are old, not because they have broken down. Where's the logic in that?

do you wanna read that and have a think? you just agreed with me in an objectional manner. I'm definately going for politician :LOL: :LOL:

hello people,

My main concern was that the system wasn't efficient and therefore costing me more than it should be in heating bills. Even when my heating is on full my house is still freezing (and yes I have bled the radiators) to the point that you can see your breath.

For the record I'm a she not a he :LOL:

You need to seperate in your mind the two aspects!

You only pay for the heat which is used so you are not paying "more than you should". In fact your bill will be LESS than the others because the output seems to be less. Get ready to double it if it were sorted out.

This is about the first time that you have told us clearly that the heat output is insufficient. That is not surprising and is one of the problems with a small one pipe system. THAT should justify that the system is replaced with a two pipe with new and probably larger rads.

You must complain CLEARLY in writing that the heat output is insufficient to provide adequate heating. THAT is the only argument that you can use to get them to upgrade the system. Any heating engineer will understand that.

An admin assistant will just think that you are just bleating because you see your neighbours being replaced but not yours. That seemed to be the argument with which you started your posting on here. A properly managed complaint will get yours upgraded !

Tony

In reality it does not save the tax payer a penny because every penny of allocated money will be spent no matter what,it is never handed back to central funds

She is not asking for more than all the other tenants are getting - in fact she is asking for less.

She has every right to ask. She has no right to expect them to comply.

I expect the reason the council decided to repipe when replacing boilers elsewhere has more to do with the inability to Powerflush a one pipe system properly.

Wow he pays his own gas bill well thats a gem of info, cheers for that.
Guess what i pay mine too. incredible.

That is not an example of a non sequitur. Miickyg was pointing out that paying one's own gas bill was not a pennance purely reserved for council tenants.

Having to pay for gas applies to everyone, and therefore it was your statement, D_H, that would meet the definition of a non sequitur.

Mouse has just used a common expression to point out the obvious that a council tenant, in spite of all the words they use in their literature, usually has to put up with third rate living accommodation and repair telephones which are never answered.

In many blocks in London there are urine smells in the lifts and on the stairs that no one would want to live with. Of course the perpetrators are a small minority but its the council accommodation that drunks, addicts, layabouts and social problems have to be housed in to the detriment of the majority of reasonable tenants.

It may not be a pleasant fact of life but the harsh reality should not be ignored.

Of course there is also some council housing where the tenants are selected to be non disruptive and they are fine and no different from any owner occupied housing.

Tony

Mouse has just used a common expression to point out the obvious that a council tenant, in spite of all the words they use in their literature, usually has to put up with third rate living accommodation and repair telephones which are never answered.

In many blocks in London there are urine smells in the lifts and on the stairs that no one would want to live with. Of course the perpetrators are a small minority but its the council accommodation that drunks, addicts, layabouts and social problems have to be housed in to the detriment of the majority of reasonable tenants.

It may not be a pleasant fact of life but the harsh reality should not be ignored.

Of course there is also some council housing where the tenants are selected to be non disruptive and they are fine and no different from any owner occupied housing.

Tony

my point exactly. I don't know anyone who chooses to live in council accomadation and has the means to buy privately; it is a means to an end.

anyone can fall on hard times, regardless of fault or position.

anyone can fall on hard times, regardless of fault or position.

I agree, but there is a level of expectation issue. If I buy cheap my level of expectation is low and vice versa.

If I rent a cheap house I do not expect it to be like buckingham palace. If the tnt is not happy they are free to move elsewhere and no doubt pay alot more as they will no longer be subsidised by the taxpayer!

"Beggars can't be choosers" as the saying goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back