single pipe heating systems with combi boilers

Having to pay for gas applies to everyone, and therefore it was your statement, D_H, that would meet the definition of a non sequitur.
You have not bothered to read what I said.

D_Hailsham said:
You wrote: "As long as the heating works I don't see what the problem is. Your not paying for it remember."

I took that to mean that you thought he was not paying for the heating. If you are saying that you meant he was not paying for the heating system, I can't see what relevance that has to your first sentence. Its a non sequitur.
Having ascertained that "your not paying for it" referred to paying for the heating system, not the actual heating cost, I suggested that the sentence in blue did not follow logically from the sentence in green and was, therefore, a non sequitur.

Sponsored Links
My main concern was that the system wasn't efficient and therefore costing me more than it should be in heating bills. Even when my heating is on full my house is still freezing (and yes I have bled the radiators) to the point that you can see your breath.

I wasn't expecting my boiler to be changed, just the pipework and radiators which I feel is only fair as I pay the same rent as everyone else, if not more than most as I do actually pay rent for those who seem to be looking down their noses at me for living in a council house.

For the record I'm a she not a he :LOL:

That would be down to user and poor insulation, upgrading to two pipes will not give you any benefits or improve the output from the boiler.

That is not surprising and is one of the problems with a small one pipe system.
Tony

You really must stick to repairing boilers Tony, because when it comes to Systems you clearly haven't a clue.

must really stick in a couple of guys throats on here that they are classed as working class.

Sponsored Links
If you live in council accomadation then beggars can't be choosers; they have finite resources and allocate them accordingly.

If your not happy rent privately or buy; the taxpayer has bigger fish to fry.
I bet you`ll be @ Thatchers funeral waving the Union Flag + singing Land of Hope + Glory :rolleyes: :LOL:

If you live in council accomadation then beggars can't be choosers; they have finite resources and allocate them accordingly.

If your not happy rent privately or buy; the taxpayer has bigger fish to fry.
I bet you`ll be @ Thatchers funeral waving the Union Flag + singing Land of Hope + Glory :rolleyes: :LOL:

I'm not a fan of Thatcher at all. I'm a fan of people who work hard, pay their taxes and make their own way in life rather than those who want everything given to them on a plate by the state.

Point being??

My point being that anyone who rents privately or buys their own house would pay alot more than a council tnt and so expect a higher spec house, maintained to a better standard.

If you live in a council house you live with whatever heating system they provide; just because the neighbours get a new boiler doesn't entitle you to one. If you don't like that then move elsewhere and pay alot more rent for the privelege.

Ohwhy didnt you say i was getting the impression you thought they where scum and didnt pay there way when in reality they actually probably pay for the house 3 times over in a lifetime of renting

Most of the council houses around here were built in the times of £2000,00 3 bed semi's, and big gardens. :eek:

reality they actually probably pay for the house 3 times over in a lifetime of renting

Not very clever then are they? :rolleyes:

All depends how you look at ,they never have a mortgage hanging over there heads or danger of going into negative equity.

Ohwhy didnt you say i was getting the impression you thought they where scum and didnt pay there way when in reality they actually probably pay for the house 3 times over in a lifetime of renting

my point was you get what you pay for; you cannot have cheap rents and expect all mod cons to be replaced on a regular basis before they have reached the end of their working life. Upgrades and improvements are done when absolutely nessecary and not before. If your not happy then rent or buy elsewhere. Simples.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back