Sink Basket Strainer Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

First post here after lurking for some time. I've got a strainer basket that I need to remove from a 1.5 bowl sink, the thread is rusted through so needs replacing but I'm not sure how to remove the basket.

There's hopefully a photo below that'll show what it looks like, is it simply a case of turning the large 'nut' that's part of the basket to unscrew it?

Many thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Thanks, Paul

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Basket strainer wastes are normally held in place by a bolt/screw in the top part, i.e. in the bowl and not underneath, where your picture is showing.

Thanks for your reply, on the top side there's no screw, as photo below.

Is it worth trying to turn the nut or does it look like this is probably welded in?

Cheers, Paul

The basket underneath is what you turn here.....it may just come away but more often than not, it will undo a couple of turns and then the whole thing will start spinning. Its out with the junior hacksaw after that.
Screwfix's 85413 is a quality replacement and can be used with or without its overflow connection.
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back