Sink Overflow Cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have 2 sinks that I want to put covers on the overflow, I just think that it looks nicer, I've checked the diameter with a digital Caliper and it's 22mm. I've bought a few Plastic coated with Chrome that are supposed to fit, but the lugs break off, Is there a trick to installing them? I did think about soaking them in hot soapy water before installing, maybe the hot water would make the plastic more flexible and the soap just might help them slip in. I guess that alternative is, if the lugs break off, just use silicone to hold it in, might make it difficult if I need to remove it at any time
I like the Mercedes design, not that that should make any difference.

Many Thanks,

Steve

Sponsored Links
I guess you might call it an insert, there are several designs these days, I've attached a picture of the one I like, the side picture show the lugs that break off, I guess the idea is, since they are a bit springy, wen you press them into the hole, they clip it in place nice and tight, but since they always break, who knows

Attachments

• Sink Cover.png
    Sink Cover.png
    333.4 KB · Views: 164

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back