Sink waste 41mm ????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I've just come to install a large stone sink in our little bathroom, only to find that the waste hole measures 41mm .... as you can imagine, i'm not best pleased.
: (
I am only aware of waste traps measuring the 'standard' 42mm, does anyone have any ideas on how I can solve this issue?
The stone sink would be quite difficult to file away ..... another option could be to reduce the waste thread by 1mm in a lathe ....
Love to hear your views on our slightly annoying problem ....
Regards,
Rosemary

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for your post - yes, the 42mm standard waste wont go through the hole ....

Sponsored Links
Have you contacted the sink maker to see what they say.

Trying to reduce the diameter of the thread will run the risk of the backnut and trap not holding well

Jason

can't see why you can't get a basin waste to fit as they are only 1 1/4" bsp

1 1/4 BSP has an outside diameter of 41.9mm so I assume that the OP has a basin waste as they have measured it at 42mm and not a 1 1 /2" sink waste

Jason

the basin makers should either have 1 for it or know where to get one

Hi - thanks for all of your posts. I contacted the seller today who advised me to file the stone with a rasp! She told me that in fact, it was not normal .... so must have been a second.
The sink is polished stone, I think it's granite, so i'm not sure how far i'll get with a file ....
!±±±±±
:eek:

i'd tell her i paid for it you come and file it.
unless you got it cheap or as a second.

y dnt u get the basin exchanged because if u rasp it then it doesnt fit ul be lucky to get a refund

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back