skim once or twice?

M

marsaday

is it best to skim a wall twice or is once enough. and i mean twice in the same time period. i use bondit on my walls and find it hard to get a good finish because of the sand. i am not a plasterer by th way.

reading this forum indicates i may be best skmming twice to get a smoother inish. ta

Sponsored Links
is it best to skim a wall twice or is once enough. and i mean twice in the same time period. i use bondit on my walls and find it hard to get a good finish because of the sand. i am not a plasterer by th way.

reading this forum indicates i may be best skmming twice to get a smoother inish. ta

If you mean by 'twice' - apply a coat of skim, let it set a bit , flatten ,and apply another coat onto this before trowelling up , then yes give it two coats during the same process.

Marsaday,

Where does the sand come into your process ? Do you mean you are adding sand to your bondit ?

Sponsored Links
yes it is the grit in the product.

so i will apply 2 coats in future. thanks for advise.

I have never skimmed b4. But want to plater all my walls, and ceilings, I have read a bit a about how to do this, does it make a lot of mess or not,, and is pva needed as coat b4 any plastering is started.. What about sagging plater board( ceiling), can that be plastered over. Does pva help plaster to stick and stay. What is a smooth nice looking plater for a beginer to use. I hope to get bucket on my head.

When the first plaster is added without crashing down into the other flat.. Is it true that one then applies the second skimm about 20 minutes later

Also if a ceiling is slightly craking, (the board) how to deal with that, without changing the actaul boars itself, repair and skim

If a wall is lined and painted, was like that already. Can it be skimmed over as is.

I have never skimmed b4. But want to plater all my walls, and ceilings, I have read a bit a about how to do this, does it make a lot of mess or not,, and is pva needed as coat b4 any plastering is started.. What about sagging plater board( ceiling), can that be plastered over. Does pva help plaster to stick and stay. What is a smooth nice looking plater for a beginer to use. I hope to get bucket on my head.

When the first plaster is added without crashing down into the other flat.. Is it true that one then applies the second skimm about 20 minutes later

Also if a ceiling is slightly craking, (the board) how to deal with that, without changing the actaul boars itself, repair and skim

If a wall is lined and painted, was like that already. Can it be skimmed over as is.

Why are you hi-jacking everyone else’s posts & multi-posting the same questions! Read the forum rules; or better still read the archive posts first.

yes plastering for the first time,definetly will make BIG MESS, so try small area first, then if you aint up for it get Pro in to do !! hope this helps :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back