Sky deal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its not often a good deal comes along.
Next month my Sky 1 year deal finishes, it was £30p/mth all sport/film/box set/ HD well the lot I suppose.
I had made a diary note, to call & cancel as I am not into sport/film, then I get an email & a letter from Sky, saying the deal is being extended for another 18 months, I thought at first it read for 18 months ie an extra 6mths.
They must be worried about something.

Sponsored Links
Sky monopolise the airwaves,,, they've just put my package up ,, then I read they were dropping Discovery,(now reinstated) Kodi all the way for me so far

Sponsored Links
I predict that anyone using kodi is going to become very frustrated this year. The pirates who actually provide the streams are having their revenue generating ads bypassed by the add-ons. Most of the add-ons don't actually create or generate the streams themselve's, merely hi-jacking & collating streams. In effect, they are stealing something which was stolen.

The folk actually creating the streaming media are looking to fight back, so kodi users can expect to be hunting more & more for add-ons with the channels they want.

Card sharing is still going strong. The full Sky package can be had from a reliable card share for £10 PER YEAR. Sky still cannot crack this & some areas of the country have almost ZERO paid Sky subscribers.

IPTV is the next BIG thing. More expensive than card sharing but only 'cos it's in its infancy.

I'm thinking of going over to BT TV , they do the Discovery channels which is what I want.

I thought Sky had sorted the miss use, I thought a card was paired to a box

I was with Virgin Media for years, then a few years ago thought I'd give Sky a chance. At the time I had 50Mb/s internet speed and Sky promised 40Mb/s speed. Got the package that had Fox on it for The Walking Dead. once installed the internet speed was only about 10- 15Mb/s, but they said it takes some time for the line to become "optimised". In the year I was with them, I never got above 20Mb/s on the internet and whenever it rained the tv reception was terrible, often becoming unviewable. I moved back to VM and now regularly get an internet speed in excess of 100Mb/s. Tv doesn't waver and pack up at the first sign of a cloud. If, the internet goes down, I can log on to my neighbours Talk Talk connection via wifi and use theirs until mine is restored. (same if their internet happens to go down)

I think with kodi and the like you'll soon need to a bit of network knowledge to create a proxy when the IPs get injunctions.

most of the streamers are state sponsored weapons to damage the western economy.

My sky Broadband just went up, i was with BE, who got brought by o2 and then sold to sky.

really clueless about who's got the best BB only deal with good speed on my exchange

I'm thinking of going over to BT TV , they do the Discovery channels which is what I want.

Even with a good connection I heard BT tv buffers now and then. At least with sky through a dish it saves your internet for other devices.

I wouldn't have Virgin again after they made such a mess of the install, the wiring was really untidy

We have bt - never a problem now.
In my experience, the weakest link wasn't the provider, but the line: after years of patchy service from talk talk, we dropped them and went to bt. Little improvement.
After head-banging nagging, finally got them to acknowledge that the wire from the telephone pole to the house was no good, and got them to change it.
Instant and huge improvement.

i read upgrading the socket to VDSL can help. it might have been here.

How do you conclude you have a duff line. noise db?

Decided to ditch sky and go for cheapest fast broadband deal. Will use Kodi and Plex for all my movie requirements.

Sponsored Links
Back