Sky Diving?

Sponsored Links
I always fancied doing a tandem jump just once to say I had done it.

8 years ago (when this thread was started) I wanted to, now I'm even heavier and ache more.
I'm happy to pass.

Sponsored Links
I almost did but I backed out. I just can't do it :rolleyes:
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

I did 2 jumps, funded by HM the Queen. One from a balloon at 800'; the second from a C-130 at 800'. In those days it was a pass/fail element in air loadmaster training. It was a rush, but I felt no further need to jump out of a perfectly serviceable aeroplane!

Edit: There was no 'diving' involved: both static lines.

Last edited:
charliegolf,
How come that you only did two jumps?

It was part of the then (80s) Air Loadmaster course. We joined a Parachute Regt full course* but were only needed to do the first 2 jumps. They did 12-15, I seem to recall. We were required to do it because one of the roles a Loadie might do, is to be an air dispatcher on air drops. In the end (the following week, I was streamed to helicopters...

*The RAF taught the Paras the jumping part of their training at Brize Norton. I'm not pretending we did the 'Para' training! Just the 'parachuting' training.

now I'm even heavier and ache more.
perhaps the latter is a consequence of the former, but I'm sure something you can change if you want!

Everything's a habit; do something enough and it feels wrong not to do it. If that's eating crisps and beer, it has a negative health impact. If it's going for a swim 3 mornings a week it hs a positive one. The hard bit is simply making the transition from one habit to another.. That's the part where you benefit from surrounding support.

Cemeteries are full of extreme sports enthusiasts. Michael Schumacher enjoyed his extreme sports. Now he's in a wheelchair being fed through a tube.

I did a static line jump 37 years ago!

My chute twisted, i landed in the middle of the B road next to the airport and was the only one who had a lift back in a car!!

I ruddy hate heights too!!!!!!

I was supposed to go years ago. I was really excited about it. But then every day in the lead up for a week I had a dream about the chute not opening (very irrational)...and I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I have this weird blocker now where I just cannot go. Will hopefully get over it eventually.

Sponsored Links
Back