Sky+ Recording

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me how record a program on to vcr,that's been recorded on sky+. many gav

Sponsored Links
Plug your sky + box into the VCR using a scart.
Select the scart plug as the source on the VCR, could be something like AV1 or AV2 - depends on the make and model of VCR.
Press record on the VCR and play the program.

Some premium programmes such as pay per view sports etc used to have a scrambling signal on them to stop you recording them.

I don't know if this is still the case though?

when i play sky+recording it show's on the tv srceen but the vcr record's what is showing on sky.gavin

Sponsored Links
I would try connecting the VCR to the "TV SCART" socket on the sky+ box.

Nobody should mention the boxes you see on fleabay that strip out the scrambled blanking lines in the signal because that would be encouraging copyright infringement.

You connect the TV to SCART output 1, the one for the TV and you connect the VCR to SCART output 2, the one for the VCR :D

or these days, replace VCR with DVDR.

Then you go into your planner and mark programs with "Copy" (The Red button), then set the VCR/DVDR to the SCART skt (AUX/AV etc) & then press record. Then you press "Select" on the Sky remote.

This will enable you to record (using whatever recorder you choose) more than 1 program, it will play them concurrently to be recorded.

While it is doing this, you may like to go & do something else :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back