Sky remote faulty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys hope you can help!

The up/down and left/right buttons on my sky remote have stopped working. When I press either of them the red LED does not light and there are no functions on the screen. Every other button on the remote works fine!

Any help?

Thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links
They're the buttons used most frequently so those will be the first to crap out.

Your options are either to buy some contact cleaner, split the remote, curse and swear as you break fingernails, then gouge out big chunks with a knife or screwdriver before stabbing your self and mangling the remote, then spend half an hour trying to find all the bits that fell on the floor before finally settling down to attempt a clean & repair.

Now, assemble and realise that you broke off the tabs that hold the remote together... so now resort to Sellotape (hmmm.... nice) or glue, before discovering that the remote still doesn't work and either attempting a second go which is at least easier this time now that the case is bust ;) all the while enduring the wrath of the family as Sky is out of commission as you bugger about...

Or...

Go straight to buying a new remote for £10 and bin the old one. A ten minute swap over job and a bit of reprogramming.... Domestic harmony restored :LOL:

They're the buttons used most frequently so those will be the first to crap out.

Your options are either to buy some contact cleaner, split the remote, curse and swear as you break fingernails, then gouge out big chunks with a knife or screwdriver before stabbing your self and mangling the remote, then spend half an hour trying to find all the bits that fell on the floor before finally settling down to attempt a clean & repair.

Now, assemble and realise that you broke off the tabs that hold the remote together... so now resort to Sellotape (hmmm.... nice) or glue, before discovering that the remote still doesn't work and either attempting a second go which is at least easier this time now that the case is bust ;) all the while enduring the wrath of the family as Sky is out of commission as you b*****r about...

Or...

Go straight to buying a new remote for £10 and bin the old one. A ten minute swap over job and a bit of reprogramming.... Domestic harmony restored :LOL:

:D :D :D Thanks for the advice! Looks like a new remote it is ;)

Hi AndyGasMan,

I have just bought a new sky remote but have not set it up yet.

Please,
Is it easy, what do I do?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
have a look here for instructions and a link to the manufacturer codes. There are plenty of other sites with similar info... Try Googling :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back