Slate in garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a lot of waist high grass and flower plants in my garden.
I split the task into three parts ( left side would have slate, middle would have slabs and right side would have slate ).

I did the job properly for the right side : Used lawnmower > Used shovel to hack away at roots > used rake to remove loosened roots and to even the ground > put weed control fabric > hammered staples > put slate on top
This section did not show weeds even after months.

I decided to be lazy with the left hand side. After using a lawnmower, I did not use a shovel or rake and installed the weed control fabric on top of the short grass. Now, few months later, some grass and weeds are starting to sip through.
Should I remove the slate, staples and the weed control fabric and do it properly? Is there a shortcut?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Even with weed membrane you will get weeds grow in the detritus that accumulates between the slate. A weak solution of weed killer will do the trick. Just be sure to ensure it isn't windy to avoid overspray.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back