Slate roof dormer and porch repair.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've recently had some really high winds, and as a result a couple of slates have come off my roof.

One slate is a long thin one thats come off the edge of one of my dormers. I am told that there is two slates missing here , one of which must have always been missing.

The other slate has come off my porch, it has actually broke in half, of which someone has tried to repair with some kind of putty or something (white substance), but has come off again and broke in half again (quarters).

Ive had quotes of various people to repair these. All say that there is little cement work required on the edges by the fascia boards. but have been quoted varying prices.

What would be a fair price, to source and replace these, including cement work etc.

Thanks in advance.

Slates that have come off:-

Missing slates from dormer:-

Cement work required near fascia (excuse rotten fascias, yes i know they need replacing badly):-

Broken slate on porch roof:-

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back