Slow-drying Condenser Dryer

S

Shutpa

We have a Hoover Nextra HNC 170 which I find really useless when I compare it to our old conventional dryer. Today put in 5 hand towels and 1 bath towel and after more than 2 hours they are still damp. Using the old dryer, they would have been dry in 50 to 60 minutes.

Q1 Is this par for the course for these dryers?

Q2 Does anyone know of a conventional dryer with a vent exiting from the left when facing the dryer from the front?

Sponsored Links
our Zanussi works fine, but we do have to clean the Condenser Plate Unit from time to time or it gets blocked and restricts airflow and takes longer to dry anything. On the Zanussi the Condenser Unit is located on the bottom front of the dryer and just pulls out.

I'm assuming that the dryer if heating ok.

Sorry I can't be of more help

Sponsored Links
we do have to clean the Condenser Plate Unit from time to time . On the Zanussi the Condenser Unit is located on the bottom front of the dryer and just pulls out. Sorry I can't be of more help

You couldn't be of more help. Same problem, same location on our Hoover dryer and I didn't even know it was there. Totally bunged up from top to bottom but now that its cleaned out the dryer dries as it should. Next problem - why didn't the warning indicator not appear? Only joking, I'll be checking the plate unit to make sure that we don't get the problem again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back