Hotpoint WD440 - no dryer heat. Any advise welcome.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need some advise on what my next steps should be on my washing machine. Firstly it is a Hotpoint WD440 that has a built in dryer.

A few weeks ago (typically after returning from holiday with several loads of dirty clothes), I put a wash on. When it attempted to start the drying process, there was a clunk as it stopped abruptly followed by a feint smell of burning. An error code then displayed, the exact one I did not make a note but fairly sure the code matches one that says it is dryer related.

Due to my own daftness, I attempted again to see if I could see the error code again. Now it does not show any code to tell me the problem, although does operate (normal washing is fine), just does not get hot. Q1. Is there a way (combination of buttons?) that can tell me the error code again?

Q2. Does anyone know what this is most likely to be?

Q3. What should I do, we spent £100 + on a new board for it last year and am reluctent to spend too much on fixing again. Should I a) Pay to have it fixed again or b) Buy a new one?

If we buy a new one, then we will have an old machine that potentially is 1 part away from being perfectly fine. Don't know what to do. Baby number 2 due next month and trying to keep everything cost effective.

Thanks in advance, sorry for the essay!

Chris M

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbi...e-advise-please.403364/#3114823#ixzz32dI3zigL

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back