Small porch under 6m2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am hoping someone can help. I asked the wrong question on a previous post. I’m having a really small porch built. It is circa 1.5m2. I am really struggling with guidance.

Re the roof:
There is no gutter on the side that boundaries on the neighbours. I’m worried about overhang of tiles

1) is there a way of avoiding any overhang or is it simply a case of reducing width of porch to allow a few cm for overhang

2) as it’s under 6m2 does it even need any overhang (the section on drainage suggests nothing mandated but other part of guidance suggests still need to adhere to other parts suggesting a small overhang is necessary)

Any help appreciated
Thanks
Catherine

Attachments

• 6B72AB91-0610-4FB2-8E62-67E407AC406C.jpeg
    6B72AB91-0610-4FB2-8E62-67E407AC406C.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 25
Sponsored Links
is there a way of avoiding any overhang
Ask the neighbours if they want a porch too?

Doubt he neighbour will kick off about overhanging tiles but if they'll be out with a laser line and measure,and you can't be bothered with the stress, make the porch narrower

Doubt he neighbour will kick off about overhanging tiles
We built a similar porch which bordered a rented property. The fella we bult the porch for insisted we build it with the gutter overhanging the rented property boundary - said the people that own it would be fine. We did, then ended up cutting the eaves back, after the landlord complained. It didn't look the best afterwards.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back