Smart meters, yes or no?.

Sponsored Links
I told my energy supplier I would be leaving them if they did not fit smart meters at my premise. They have done so I am very happy, makes my busy life that bit easier no con’s that I see just conspiracy.
Some of your other posts aren't very sensible either.

NO NO NO NO NEVER EVER in a million years. same with water meters. They only want you have one so that ultimately you will pay more money to them.

Sponsored Links
afaik Italy rolled out smart meters a good while back & Sweden I think , was an article in the trade press about it a while back ? If I recall they are all having to be changed now as they are now past there sell by date ??????????

NO NO NO NO NEVER EVER in a million years. same with water meters. They only want you have one so that ultimately you will pay more money to them.

was always reckoned that if u had as many people in yer house as bedrooms than do not have a water meter

less people in your house as bedrooms then have a water meter ???

I personally do not have a water meter as I have a shared main , its complicated , but I would be better off with one

ultimately you will pay more money to them.
How does that work?

I understand that customers will pay for the roll-out fees etc, but that has been the case for anything the utility companies do regards maintenance, upgrading, modernising etc.

How does that work?

I understand that customers will pay for the roll-out fees etc, but that has been the case for anything the utility companies do regards maintenance, upgrading, modernising etc.
Individualised billing eventually.

For example, stick a kettle on during a sports ad break and it'll cost you more than if you wait until 1am.
There is also the ability to 'control' the power supply.

An area I visited in Spain recently has it already.
Tariffs based on season, weekday, weekends etc.
And also on power usage. I was initially puzzled by not being able to run an oven, fan heater and two rings at the same time until I found out that this house was running on 'winter tariff'. But I could up the power available - for an additional cost of course!

We are starting to see these schemes here, promoted of course to 'save you money'.
But if you happen to live a 'normal life', there will be a price to pay!

Exactly what I was thinking.
Having a smart meter then doesn't automatically mean paying more.
If you live like a monk, then you could save.

However it's like water meters.
We had one forced on us.
Before installation unlimited supply for £40 a month, although have always been frugal with usage.
Afterwards (despite 4 people in a house being listed as using the equivalent of a 1 person flat), £38 a month.
Were we to have used the 'normal' amount for our circumstances, then we would have been paying approx £80 a month.

It all depends on how the tariff is set, and other 'add-ons'.
But on the whole you end up (as usual) paying more and getting less for it!
It's a brilliant business model - for the providers!

I'm still open to being convinced but the pro-smart meter camp are in very short supply of convincing data. Initially many claims were being made about the benefits of these meters, but I've noticed an eerie silence now as though those once vehement backers of them have since made a quiet exit from the discussion.

I think like most things government were conned about these meters, simply conned.
Until I'm convinced otherwise i think the whole scheme should never have been allowed to leave the ground. Just another expensive waste of tax payers money. New state of the art power plants could have been built on the back of the money squandered on these smart meters. As of right now we appear to have been duped.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Having a smart meter then doesn't automatically mean paying more.

If you have any evidence backing your support of these meters please post it. I've not seen one shred of evidence that these meters will address the emerging energy crisis or save people money. ..

Sponsored Links
Back