SMEG dishwasher doesn't complete cycle - safety level error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a SMEG DI612CA dishwasher that is not completing its wash cycle. After a few minutes it beeps 3 times and then drains. The manual says that the error lights mean "safety level - the system which limits the water level inside the dishwasher has been tripped".

I have tried the rest procedure described in this thread... //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73881 ... but pressing the program button 4 times after switching it on just cycles the mode no matter how fast I press it.

When That post mentions to "Check for water in the base of the machine, not the tub" what does it mean. There is water in a plastic circular area at the bottom when I remove a filter and metal mesh screen. Is that the base of the machine?

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Simon

Sponsored Links
The base of the machine normally means underneath the machine (there is usually a base against the floor which catches water) check in there for water as there could be a leak.

Sounds like it means your machine is not sensing that it is filling (does it fill and then stop and drain and try again to fill)

Been a while since I done a smeg machine but they have a pressure chamber that gets blocked (in the inside where the filter is there is a hole leading to a pipe and one leading to the pump. gunge builds up in these and can prevent the machine from knowing water is entering, it then times out and drains (some try 3 times before quitting) and gives an error message.

Thanks for your reply. The dishwasher is integrated so I will try and move it out later today to check the base.

No, it starts washing then after a few minutes it gives up and beeps 3 times. You can then hear the water drain away and it does nothing else. The indicator light then shows the error I described.

I will also check in the chamber you mentioned. Any specific way to clean in there or do I just stick my fingers in?!

Thanks again.
Simon

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back