SMEG dishwasher dw12

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I put my dishwasher on at bed time and in the morning it sounded as if it was still filling with water and all the lights were on and the kitchen was flooded! The water was coming from under the door. After reading some posts on here I was able to get the machine to drain eventually. But now when I switch it on the salt indicator light comes on and it sounds as if it's going to start but it doesn't do anything. I have looked for the reset button but there isn't one. Any other suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
I put my dishwasher on at bed time and in the morning it sounded as if it was still filling with water and all the lights were on and the kitchen was flooded!
The dishwasher lights or the kitchen lights?

Scroll down to the bottom of this page & check out "similar topics". If you don't find your answer there post again.

If your machine is filling with clean water when not in use then the inlet valve (aquastop) isn't closing properly. This can happen if the valve is partially jammed in the open position, or if your water pressure is very low (uncommon). There may be water on the baseplate, Lean the DW forward & see if water runs out of the base (have some old towels ready). Did you read "similar topics" at the bottom of this page? try the reset procedure in one of the posts. I would advise replacing the aquastop valve to prevent further flooding.

Sponsored Links
Yes I have tried the reset procedure as in pressing buttons several times as listed which is how I managed to empty the water out of the tub. Now I have an E1 error and the salt light is on, but I've never used salt in it before.
There is water in the base so will get the chappies in to mend it for me. Thanks relieved I don't have to replace it.
:)

E1 = an aquastop problem (there are other issues can cause an E1 error...but not in your case). Changing the aquastop should solve your problem.

Hi, thanks for that - do you know any reputable repairers I can conctact down here in Urmston, Manchester?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back