Smeg Dishwasher - hose has holes in it

SJC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please help me. I'm trying to disconnect the hose at the back of my Smeg dishwasher but it disappears into the machine behind a black panel at the bottom of the dishwasher and I can't get it off. I've tried wiggling it (ok ok I know but I'm a girl) but I want to replace it and I don't think it should be that hard.

Please can someone help me? :(

Sponsored Links
You mean you want to replace the existing damaged hose with a new one?

Is it the waste hose (grey and ribbed) or a water supply hose (smooth and red or blue)?

Can you see how the black panel is attached?

You will have to see how the hose is fixed if you hope to fit a new one.

Are you able to tip the machine over without breaking it so you can get at the bottom?

Hi John

Its the grey pipe and it disappears into a black panel at the bottom of the back. The black panel appears to be moulded (there are no screws to enable me to get it off) but when I take the lower front part off, I can see the grey hose attached to the pump. I can't get at it from the front or the side so am in a bit of a pickle.

I don't know if I could turn it over (the really bad news is that one side appears to be the water reservoir (or whatever techie name it has) and its still full of water so if I turn it over I could damage the electrics if the water came out (or myself if I try to turn it over).

Do you think I'd be better getting someone out to look at it as I really don't want to damage it but I thought it would be easier than this. :confused:

Don't turn it upside down. Remove the panel below the door, you should be able to see where the hose goes to. Possibly reach it too.

Sponsored Links
I haven't done this to a dishwasher, but it worked with our washing machine.......

Pull the machine forward, and then tilt it back well past it's balance point, so it's resting on it's back legs and the wall or worktop behind it, then access the hose from underneath the machine?

Best to chock the machine there before working on it, been struck on the back of the head with a household appliance is not good for the health!

No access from the underside. Most modern dishwashers (if not all) have a solid base and some sort of antiflood device.

Morning all

I spent my entire day yesterday trying to do this and took your advice about trying to get my hand in under the bottom but its impossible to reach.

Am embarrassed to say that have had to throw the towel in and will call out a Smeg repair service.

Thanks for all your help - this is a really useful website so you may find me on it again.

By the way - have any of you got any ideas for how to get stains off a stainless steel oven door? I've got a Smeg range and the door is part stainless steel, part glass - I've tried everything on it (nothing abrasive) but its got really bad marks (like striations almost and some of them look brown but its not rust). Any clues?

Most places sell a stainless steel cleaner, these work really well.

Also, (DON'T DO THIS WITHOUT SOMEONE ELSE CONFIRMING!), I've heard Caustic Soda is really good for removing stains, but, never used it myself, i know it's dangerous stuff!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back