Smell in bedroom. Gas like but not gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

In one of my bedrooms there is a gas like smell near to the door. It has been confirmed that it isn't gas. Although you can smell it as you enter the room it can't be pinpointed to coming from under the floor, wall etc.
No other room smells of this. There is a bathroom next door to the bedroom but no smell in there. Outside I can see a plastic pipe that comes from the soffit of the attic next to the window but not sure if that's for ventilation or something else.
Is this likely to be from a vent pipe or the likes in the attic? Had a quick look up there and couldn't see anything. At a loss at the moment!

Any suggestions welcome :)

Sponsored Links
What age and gender is the occupant? I have a 16 year old nephew and by christ, the whole landing is becoming a UN Quarantine zone.

Another few months and we will be auctioning off contracts to centrica and BP.

Sponsored Links
Leaking radiator pipe under the floor.
Perhaps the smell of inhibitor.
There has never been a drop in the boiler pressure or signs of leaking on the ceiling etc but I'll check this out

What age and gender is the occupant? I have a 16 year old nephew and by christ, the whole landing is becoming a UN Quarantine zone.....
Spare room, no teenagers in the nearby zone ;)

It has been confirmed that it isn't gas.
by whom?
Gas was turned off, gas detector, no gas pipes nearby and only in this one room....

Poltergeist? It's not just sight and sound that indicates their presence.

Not that I believe in them.
UHH. What was that bump?

probably a rodent died under the floorboards

I did think that but it has been ongoing for a month or more. Surely any rodent would be dust and bones. Also the small seems to linger mid room near the door. No small at floor level.....

It's going to be something to do with the soil pipe. Is it worse now you are opening your windows? Probably a small vortex in the middle of the room and foul air circulates there.

It's going to be something to do with the soil pipe. Is it worse now you are opening your windows? Probably a small vortex in the middle of the room and foul air circulates there.

Worse when room has been closed up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back