smelly concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:LOL:
Hello everyone, i have a neighbour who thinks he is bob the builder :rolleyes:
I live in a downstairs flat and the neighbour upstairs has been building all sorts of bad walls etc.
He has built a new path to his door which runs along the outside of my bedroom wall, there were paving slabs laid already and he just laid another lot of slabs on top of them, it has raised the path to a fair height and he has built a drainage channel right alongside my wall and around the corner to a drain.
His dogs are using this path as a toilet and although the dogs wee is supposed to flow to the drain it cant manage to turn the corner and it is now waiting against my wall all day untill he decides to wash it down.
My bedroom now has a lovely dogs wee pong and i am positive it is seeping through the wall as in the corner of the bedroom there is a doggy wee smell on the carpet.
I have never had a dog or cat.
would the wee soak through the wall??????
The building dept at the council are going to be busy as the muppet has no planning permission or permission for party walls etc, the whole property now looks like a how not to build excercise, too much to go into now as i need to get some beauty sleep, just needed to ask about the wee as i dont want to look stupid when i phone the council, i am not being vindictive against them, The walls are unsafe and i caught him trying to have a perv at me on easter sunday (face right up to my bedroom window :evil: )
thanks.

Sponsored Links
Are you taking the p*ss? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I have no idea about the wee seeping through the walls, i would've thought so but i'm sure somebody will correct me! Putting paving slabs on top of existing ones is a bit worrying as this has effectively risen the ground level closer to the DPC. You said he has left a channel for water but how has he done this?
By the way i am no expert on this at all, i just had similar worries when i wanted to pave ontop of an existing path.

Rising damp does not exist.........so rising **** :idea: ;) :LOL:You sure it was his face @ the window on Easter Sunday.......could`ve been the second coming...and the liquid thru the walls is a miraculous occurence :eek:

:LOL: no i am honestly not joking, I really wish that i was.
Their paving slabs are at least 6 inches in height and about 2 inches away from my wall with a concrete slope sort of channel going around the building connecting the wall to the slabs, the dog wee sits in this channel untill it is washed, as i have a dog wee smell in my bedroom i thought it might be seeping through the bricks.
This is a 55+ year old building and is considered defective, non traditional or whatever :?:
I dont know what he was doing at my window but i caught him and he managed to move pretty quick considering he is supposed to be disabled, :rolleyes:
The only thing disabled about him is his building work :evil:
I was tempted to put something big and phallic shaped ;) in the window to give him something to look at but knowing my luck it would encourage him :confused:

I just really wanted to know if it was possible that the wee was coming through the wall :?:

Sponsored Links
I really doubt it would be coming through the wall. Is there an air brick or something near by? I'd be having words with him as its considered socially unacceptable to let that happen.
I dunno what to say about him perving at you......erm.....curtains??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back