Smelly Hot water

B

Bodd

Just had an email from a customer. He says when they have a shower the hot water smells.

The only things I can think of is:
Dead Pigeon
Stagnation
Hot water is getting to hot boiling up and going over vent.

It is possible the tank could be shared with the Flat above or below or could be linked. I don't suppose the tank will be in very good order or plumbed abiding by the regs.

Thanks Bod

Sponsored Links
can be many factors but we know nothing on the cws set up etc.

Its vented copper indirect cylinder the heating system is a very old pressurised system boiler.

I'm also thinking the coil could have split, mixing C/H with DHW.

Sponsored Links
I'm also thinking the coil could have split, mixing C/H with DHW.

is the system loosing pressure ?
is the cws shared between properties ?

Yes the system has lost pressure but this could be coicidence. It is possible that the tanks are shared with another flat, but can't say for sure as have not been in the loft, which is accesssed by the flat above.

Bod

Ask them what it smells of? it could be something as simple as a smell of chlorine. Sometimes due contamination the water supplier adds extra chlorine & it's only when the samples fail after 2 or 3 times that they will issue a "don't drink the water" alert.......although if it smells of dead pigeon :eek:

Thanks for your help fellas. I'll let you know what it is I'll investigate it next week

Bod

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back