smoke alarm link to intruder alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want know is it possible to link standard mains smoke alarm to intruder alarm or are there special smoke alarms with n/o & n/c circuits.

Also does any one know of good suppliers for alarm infra red sensors to fit to a shutter as chime zone.

Thank to all in advance.

Regards,

Sajeel
:D

Sponsored Links
Since you are asking on a DIY site I will tell you the diy options and then you can consider the professional options too.

First you need to asses the grade of alarm you require.
If your insurance require the alarm then you won't be able to DIY it and will have to get in an installer.
Depending on the value of your goods then you may need a grade 3.

However it is possible if the value is low and the risk is not too high to fit a diy alarm system.

Yale do an alarm that has smoke detectors that link wirelessly to the external siren so if the smoke detectors detect smoke it causes an alarm caondition on your intruder alarm and the external siren is activated.
If you have the Premium alarm then the alarm will activate the external siren AND THEN telephone you on your mobile to let you know smoke has been detected. It is an optical smoke detector so it won't keep activating with 'burnt toast' or other kitchen smoke. It will not however detect heat.

As far as having a shutter and a chime. If the shutter is set as the entry exit route then you can have it with a chime even with a pir.
I wouldn't vouch for a yale magnetic contact on a roller shutter though.

You can get smokes designed for direct connection to an intruder alarm.

You can also get relay bases for the majority of makes of standard mains smoke alarms (Aico for sure). You fit just one to any of the mains interlinked smokes, and use this to interface to your alarm. doing it this way ensures your mains smokes still comply to the building regs for a dwelling.

As for the chime - I would go for an IR beam.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back