smoke alarms tripping rcbo

Sponsored Links
So the 3 are unprotected.

And when the smokes are connected to the RCBO on the unprotected '3' it trips?

And you have the right neutral bar (there are three)?

Is the consumer unit itself assembled correctly?

Have you checked other circuits at the board have their neutrals in the correct neutral bar?

Is this a problem that has just started from an existing installation or is it a new circuit and started tripping straight away?

My concern is that you are purporting to be an electrician, who from previous posts is doing work on council property, apparatently under the supervision of a 'gaffa' and yet you are coming on this website and asking for help.

Surely you should be asking your 'gaffa'!

Furthermore, your description on the work you are doing suggests that you are conducting work that requires Local Authority Building Control notification - which competent persons scheme do you belong to?

You talk about IR tests and that they are okay - what does okay mean - what were the results for continuity - do you know how to wire more than one smoke alarm together - have you wired the circuit properly - if so how have you wired this one?

To be honest in your questions and answers so far you really don't have a grasp of what you are doing. If you are just starting off then someone should be supervising you and answering these questions for you.
If you are a 'qualified electrician' then I respectfully suggest that you are far from being a competent person.

Until you can answer some if not all of these questions I would be really be concerned that the answers we give you could make you more confused than you are now.

Sponsored Links
forget it, thought i may have got some insight into the problem, of course they are wired correctly, we are with elecsa, ir test greater than 200 all around, 1.5 twin from 6a rcbo to a heat, from here to other smokes in 3 core grey sleeved black interconnect, cant believe i am answering these questions....you talk about being competent well i am competent to wire and test houses and my work is always neat and to a high standard which is why i always have continuing work and contracts cheers

it was the rcbo as put a replacement in and all working fine, my stuff does work

it wasn't faulty really, in the end i had to cut the earth inside the sleeving and put the end in the bar just so it looks the part,,,,thay are plastic after all and i didnt have all night, gets dark early now....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back