smokey exhaust

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi/ ive just had a full service done on my car and when i reversed to park it up i noticed a lot of smoke coming from the exhaust ,it wasnt black and it didnt smell and it has a cat converter but before the service the exhaust was clean. i was just wondering if the wrong oil has been added could this be the cause or could it be the damp air?

Sponsored Links
You have not said if it was serviced with a reputable agent,how far you have travelled since collecting the car ,and what make or fuel it uses,with a bit more info maybe we can help you

sorry/ it was serviced with an established garage whom i was reccomended to but not a main dealer who was a great deal dearer. it has only done about 3 or 4 miles before i got it home and is a 1.5 petrol engine also i forgot to mention that it had its mot done with the service so surely it cant be the cat as they they wouldnt have passed its emissions test. hope this helps.

The new mot sheet should have the emission test result,and yes it would have failed the mot,I suggest you take it for a half decent run chaces are that the car has just been idling and needs to clear itself out!!!Give it a run and get back

Sponsored Links
thanx, ill give it a blast up the carraige way and hope to god the engine dosnt sieze!

If you are that much in doubt check your oil and water before you set off!!!

Back