Smoking Ban...

All of this is slowly going in one direction.

ID cards.

'To assist citizens prove their age in scenarios such as buying cigarettes, ID cards will be mandatory from <insert date>. It will be a legal requirement to carry the card at all times, thus ensuring citizens can prove their age in scenarios where this is required.'

Sponsored Links
All of this is slowly going in one direction.

ID cards.

'To assist citizens prove their age in scenarios such as buying cigarettes, ID cards will be mandatory from <insert date>. It will be a legal requirement to carry the card at all times, thus ensuring citizens can prove their age in scenarios where this is required.'
A misleading claim.

If you want to drive a car, you need a driving licence

If you want to own a gun, you need a gun licence.

If you don't want to smoke, you don't need a fags licence.

Incidentally, since fags cause premature wrinkling, thickening and yellowing of the skin, and tooth loss, smokers are not easily confused with young people.

What proportion of people who ride in cars die as a result of riding in cars?

What proportion of smokers are killed instantly or disabled the way drivers in accidents are?

You can go on forever with this logic. Lots of things arguably kill people, it isn't a reason to ban them. If somebody wants to smoke all their life and live some years less - but probably still die in old age - what has that got to do with you or anybody else?

You sound like a nosey, interfering matron.

What proportion of smokers are killed instantly or disabled the way drivers in accidents are?

Do you mean you prefer to sentence children to a slow, lingering, painful death, preceded by years of poor health?

Your love of fags is leading you in strange directions.

If somebody wants to smoke all their life and live some years less - but probably still die in old age - what has that got to do with you or anybody else?

Don't worry, I won't stand in your way.

However I don't approve of the cigarette industry recruiting children and young people to replenish their customer base, to replace the customers they have killed.

Sponsored Links
One thing that is definitely killing people in large numbers at the moment is our failing health service, which seems to be obliged to treat people who shouldn't be here and/or haven't made any net contribution to the service. It is overwhelmed and people are not getting diagnosed quickly enough.

Supermarkets estimate that the populations of some urban areas are 20% higher than the official statistics suggest. There are massive numbers of shadow dwellers who live here illicitly and work on the black market, hidden away in the communities they belong to, living in crowded housing, paying no tax. They will go to the NHS for treatment and will typically show up at A&E for it because they cannot get a GP for obvious reasons. The hospitals always see to them, even if it means genuine emergencies writhing in agony in corridors having to wait whilst some idiot gets his rash checked.

So... for the average British person who has been paying in and is now in a massive queue - and may die or otherwise suffer for the lack of attention, shall we cancel the NHS and go to a private model? Or shall we ban people from living here illegally and actually enforce the laws we have?

Serious questions.

What does our political establishment do? Yes... they ignore these fundamental calamities and ban vapes for people born in certain years. A stupid, unenforceable load of nonsense whilst the country sinks beneath the waves but gives the impression that something is being done. And they are applauded by mindless idiots. This is why the country is getting worse and worse - too many credulous, gullible morons who believe what the TV tells them and expect these personality disorders in parliament to protect them. No basically educated sense of what a free and well run country looks like.

Look no further than some of the utter dullards who post on this forum. Like John.

It's all ban this, and tax that, and fine this, and punish them... crushing everybody's freedoms whilst doing absolutely nothing to address the things that really matter.

Accident you say?

How many smokers have accidentaly set themselves on fire or walked in front of a truck, whilst lighting up, I wonder.

A misleading claim.

If you want to drive a car, you need a driving licence

If you want to own a gun, you need a gun licence.

If you don't want to smoke, you don't need a fags licence.

Incidentally, since fags cause premature wrinkling, thickening and yellowing of the skin, and tooth loss, smokers are not easily confused with young people.
In your opinion, and you've missed the point of my assertion ...

You can go on forever with this logic.
Not really. Smoking kills those that smoke as well as those that don't smoke and is completely unnecessary for the furtherance of the human race.
If we got rid of smoking tomorrow, the world would be a better place.

John, why do you post on here? You don't offer any original thought or opinion whatsoever, and to the extent that you attempt to argue a point, it is to use feeble tactics devoid of any substance.

If I want to know what you think on any subject, all I have to do is watch a TV or read some crappy newspaper and I will know exactly what your views are. You know what to think, not how to think. There are children I could have a more meaningful conversation with.

Run along and defend your moral and intellectual superiors, like Angela Rayner, that'll keep you busy.

Look no further than some of the utter dullards who post on this forum

....who, having posted reams of incorrect and irrelevant hyperbole and drivel - which was thoroughly discredited - move onto an unrelated-yet-equally-bowlogs diversion..............(y)

Not really. Smoking kills those that smoke as well as those that don't smoke and is completely unnecessary for the furtherance of the human race.
If we got rid of smoking tomorrow, the world would be a better place.

Same goes for drinking alcohol. Same goes for eating hamburgers. Same goes for eating sweets and biscuits. Putting sugar in tea. All cause disease and people who will use the NHS and the NHS is overwhelmed, which kills people.

Shall we ban all these things?

Supposing there's a man. He works and pays his way in life. He has served his country. He abides by the law. He likes to have a smoke some times of an evening on his walk or out in the garden with a beer. Are you seriously suggesting that you would you go up to him and tell him he shouldn't be doing it and that you want to snatch the smokes out of his hand and destroy them? Only if you are a total idiot, an interfering mincer, and somebody who wants to have his face stoved in.

And that's the rub. People need to have freedoms and to be left alone to do as they please. It can't all be ban ban ban in life. People won't tolerate it and it isn't conducive to a working and harmonious social order. If you were a sufficiently wise and educated person you would understand this bigger picture. As it is, you sound like somebody whose thinking patterns haven't changed since they were 16.

John, why do you post on here? You don't offer any original thought or opinion whatsoever, and to the extent that you attempt to argue a point, it is to use feeble tactics devoid of any substance.

If you hadn't been in a bad mood through another uncontrolled bladder event, you'd appreciate that the above is far from reality.

JohnD consistently, concisely, pithily and often acerbically, takes your overlong tripe apart, and lays it bare for the hysterical shoite that it is.

Vive John !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same goes for drinking alcohol. Same goes for eating hamburgers. Same goes for eating sweets and biscuits. Putting sugar in tea. All cause disease and people who will use the NHS and the NHS is overwhelmed, which kills people.

Shall we ban all these things?
I think, eventually, yes. Many of these things will be banned. Before anyone starts, I'm NOT by stating that saying I think that would be the right approach.

Is good / healthy food cheaper?

I quit my Yoga as it's gone up £14 as she has had to go VAT registered.

Any form of a healthy lifestyle shouldn't be taxed.

I gave up smoking at 10

I started at 11. Well, it was The 70s and virtually compulsory then.

Finally came to my senses and gave up at 21.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back