Smoking Ban...

Sponsored Links
What has that to do with it? Transport is indispensable, and people have died in accidents even before cars came along - kicked by horses, drowned in canals, etc.

No, much transport by road isn't indispensable - many trips are arguably non essential and for leisure. Shall we ban it? I don't think so, but I'm curious to know why the sheeple favour this latest ban specifically but not other activities that involve risk, danger and long term disease.

They cannot convincingly do so. They are simply going along with the latest thing and agree with anything their idiotic idols in the Labour party say.

This is boring.

Are any of the grannies here going to explain why they feel the need to poke their noses into the business of others?

Can any of the betas explain why this ludicrous ban is needed now all of a sudden? Why there is a pressing need for it at this time, when nobody has actually asked for it and it was never considered necessary previously? Why there is a pressing need for this petty interference when there are far more serious problems facing the country?

Try to apply some reason to this. See if you can think for yourself...

The great majority of smokers wish they had never started, but they become addicted at an early age and then they’re trapped and their choice has been taken away by that addiction.

Nonsense. Food and drink are essential for human survival. we can not exist without food and drink.
The human race could thrive without harmful tobacco products.

Alcohol and hamburgers - which I referred to - are not essential to human survival although they are very enjoyable and should not be banned by interfering grannies (like you).

It's ok, I get it now. You just agree with everything that Labour party politicians claim to believe in. If they suddenly advocated allowing adults to decide whether they smoke a cigarette or not, you'd agree with them. Everything else you post on topics like this is meaningless drivel around that basic principle.

I'm surprised the Mark Drakefords around here aren't trying to ban sex, and not just because they don't get any. Doesn't that involve the risk of disease, including deadly disease? Oh wait, oestrogen-infused politicians aren't advocating that at the moment so they have no view either way!

Sponsored Links
No, much transport by road isn't indispensable - many trips are arguably non essential and for leisure. Shall we ban it? I don't think so, but I'm curious to know why the sheeple favour this latest ban specifically but not other activities that involve risk, danger and long term disease.
You mean like asbestos or leaded petrol, or toxic paints etc?

Alcohol and hamburgers - which I referred to - are not essential to human survival
Consuming food and drink is essential, under which they fall.

Smoking (tobacco and nicotine products) however are not essential. In fact they are detrimental to everyone that inhales the stinking shít.

Last edited:
All the research is out there to make a case For and Against the prohibition of tobacco.
I'm a die hard smoker, so the legislation doesn't really affect me but the problems inherent in banning a substance are well known from other sources. And if you're going to advocate a ban on tobacco i will put on my boots, change the sign on my sandwich board and march on a War on Booze. How many people die from alcohol related disease in a calendar year? Or how about burgers - how many deaths are related to obesity? Where will it end?
Not sure what your problem is ! this is about children being duped into smoking.
Nobody is stopping you from smoking.

Long ago when I used to smoke they started putting pictures on the packets, diseased lungs and rotten teeth etc. I used to ask the lady in the shop if I could have the packet with the picture of a pregnant woman on it, I think the caption was smoking can harm your unborn baby.
And this lady used to rummage through the packets looking for the desired picture bless her.

Not sure what your problem is ! this is about children being duped into smoking.
Nobody is stopping you from smoking.
No, nobody is - although i'm badgered from time to time when my cough gets too chesty...
As Bertram has pointed out though, why is this legislation now so urgent when nothing was said about it before: did you know it was a huge problem?
I don't think it'll prevent the consumption of tobacco, and other herbs than cannybizz are available. Plants such as marshmallow can be used for a 'green' smoke, and blends can be mixed as a tobacco substitute. I don't know if legislation will cover them, but a black market will boom in this country as it has in others, so what difference will it make?

If you really want to stop kidz from smoking y'all gonna have to ban the tobacco plant altogether. Good luck with that. :mrgreen:

They cannot convincingly do so. They are simply going along with the latest thing and agree with anything their idiotic idols in the Labour party say

Try to apply some reason to this. See if you can think for yourself...
Remind us which Government is in power and brought this bill, and passed it ?

Sponsored Links
Back