Snapped low pressure restrictor in Torbeck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not really a DIY disaster, except maybe in a minor financial and "time wasted" way.
About six months ago I replaced the old inlet valve on my WC cistern with a Torbeck. All went well till about a week ago, when the valve suddenly started making a dreadful shrieking noise on filling up. Not knowing what the Hell was going on I bought a whole new valve, but whilst disassembling the old one discovered the source of the noise: the low pressure restrictor had broken away from its mounting inside the pillar.
I cannibalised the restrictor from the new Torbeck and the problem was solved, so I now have a new valve which is, presumably, useless. Unless, that is, its possible to buy the LP restrictor separately, so that I have a working replacement for future use?

Sponsored Links
Well no, it didn't cost much, nor was it very inconvenient, nor really was it a disaster.

But it would still be nice to know, for future reference, whether the restrictors can be purchased without buying an entire Torbeck.

Maybe a trip to the builders merchant is required.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back