Torbeck valve in main water tank "pneumatic" when

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if someone could help with this problem. I replaced a side entry Torbeck valve on my main water tank in the loft as the old one was leaking.
However, with the new valve when I flush the toilet there is a "pneumatic drill" sound from the new valve in the loft when at the end of the tank fill. This does not seem to occur when I run the shower or the cold tap in the bathroom. I`ve changed the inhibitor from LP to HP but still the same. If I removed the pressure inhibitor to see if this resolves the issue would this be safe. The original Torbeck had the LP inhibitor.
Could the Torbeck be faulty ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
sometimes they vibrate or chatter just in those few seconds before they fully close. This can be fixed by emailing [email protected] and they will send you a new end-cap (free) which is an anti-water-hammer design.

If your vibrates for more than a few seconds, you probably have a slight leak which is preventing the tank filling up and closing the valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back