So come on, pick Boris's successor.

Even with Liz Truss as leader, the Tories will probably win the, next election, albeit with a much reduced majority.
The problems of the Tory party don't change the fact that the Labour party is a joke.
you still support brexit, so you arent a good judge of anything

Sponsored Links
you still support brexit, so you arent a good judge of anything
To be fair to vinty, this may be one of the very rare times that he is correct...

The labour party is indeed a bit of a joke at the moment...

But the biggest joke is the undemocratic UK electoral system...

A system whereby the majority never vote for the government, and a large percentage of votes don't count.

Regardless of any other issue, if a party came out in favour of true PR then they'd get my vote...

But of course that vote probably wouldn't count anyway...

Which means that there will be no change, and no hope of stopping the country from disintegrating into third world status!

How long before one of the papers notices one Truss U-turn too many and she gets a headline like "The lady who IS for turning"?

I see Liz Truss is saying how great Margaret Thatcher was

here is one of Thatchers quotes

"Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers—visible or invisible—giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the world’s wealthiest and most prosperous people.

"Bigger than Japan. Bigger than the United States. On your doorstep. And with the Channel Tunnel to give you direct access to it.

"It’s not a dream. It’s not a vision. It’s not some bureaucrat’s plan. It’s for real.

Sponsored Links
She's done it again, now NOT ruling out direct payments to people...
"The lady is for turning"

do you actually know what the civil service do?
Do you have examples?

maybe food safety inspectors….nah we don’t want them
or HGV inspectors….nah we don’t need safe lorries on our roads

what civil service jobs dont you think are necessary?

Example

The fruit cake working at DVLA

Who could not understand that the 2nd generation fire bird ceased production in 1981

Not 1983

And refused to take my word for it
Or a letter from the owners club
Or a letter from GM head quarters in the states

He / she was a total waste of space devoid of common sense

Or there is the local council who actually employed some one to measure the widths of yellow lines recently painted on the road
( down this way )

Or the local council who spend 7 grand on some feasibility study about putting car parking out side my house and came to the conclusion that it was not feasable

I could have told em that for a lot less than 7 grand ( free?)

I see Liz Truss is saying how great Margaret Thatcher was

"Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers—visible or invisible—giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the world’s wealthiest and most prosperous people.

"Bigger than Japan. Bigger than the United States. On your doorstep. And with the Channel Tunnel to give you direct access to it.

"It’s not a dream. It’s not a vision. It’s not some bureaucrat’s plan. It’s for real.
I vaguely remember that. I've never really thought about what Maggie would have thought about brexit, for balance though, she also said no, no, no! - that was in reference to plans to increase the powers of the European parliament. I also recall her saying something about successfully rolling back frontiers of the state only to see them re-imposed in Europe? Which sounds like she was up for a single market but less enthusiastic about European control.

I vaguely remember that. I've never really thought about what Maggie would have thought about brexit, for balance though, she also said no, no, no! - that was in reference to plans to increase the powers of the European parliament. I also recall her saying something about successfully rolling back frontiers of the state only to see them re-imposed in Europe? Which sounds like she was up for a single market but less enthusiastic about European control.

Here's another one:

"During my lifetime most of the problems the world has faced have come, in one fashion or another, from mainland Europe and the solution from outside it."

Here's another one:

"During my lifetime most of the problems the world has faced have come, in one fashion or another, from mainland Europe and the solution from outside it."
And just what were these problems she referred to.

thatcher was all in favour of centralisation, once she became PM, as long as that centre was in Downing Street.

Didn't like councils or nations having any say.

FZ5XCaaXEAE1zrx

I'm thinking that Sunak is looking to be a bit of a one trick pony, though the economy is the root of most what's bad at the moment.
Truss is a Thelwell sort of pony.

What an opportunity to Starmer to be saying we should take the French (etc) approach to power prices to get the strain off the individual. Yes I would slash the energy cos' profits to pay for some of it.

One of the water companies' CEOs got a bonus of 450k on top of his 750k salary. "We're working on the leaks".
BONUS??? FFS.
Seen as a tory thing, though it's probably not.

Truss will win the PM vote then lose the election.

Sponsored Links
Back