So, do we book a holiday or don’t we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaccinations have made a negligible contribution to reducing R so far. That may start to change but so far it's just the lockdown that's keeping R low.

My understanding of the jabs, is that it will only stop/reduce the symptoms - it will not stop you getting the covid, nor stop you passing it on to others. Or at least that is what they are saying for the moment, so why will having the jab, from others point of view, make it possible for you to then have a holiday?

Like the wearing of masks - it is mostly to prevent you spreading your germs to others you come into contact with.

Sponsored Links
My understanding of the jabs, is that it will only stop/reduce the symptoms - it will not stop you getting the covid, nor stop you passing it on to others. Or at least that is what they are saying for the moment, so why will having the jab, from others point of view, make it possible for you to then have a holiday?

Like the wearing of masks - it is mostly to prevent you spreading your germs to others you come into contact with.

It might, but I guess further studies are required, trouble is there will always be percentage of the population who reject the vaccine and as such will prolong the pandemic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55913913

Sponsored Links

That's not quite what experts are saying. There is a very good chance that it will stop you having symptoms or being as infectious. It also means that if you get it you're not likely to be taking up a hospital bed for six months.

But the main reason it's relevant is that there's a lot of countries looking at vaccine passports to allow tourism to restart.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...l-too-soon-holidays-grant-shapps-b919264.html

Wait until the 'health passports' are imposed...

ID cards by another name, and eventually to became a passport to live a reasonable life...

Oh of course they won't be 'compulsory', but you won't actually be able to do much without one!
I think Boris and Co may step back from any Vac ID card for the UK, (he is not a control freak - one of his few positive points.)

But holdiays abroad could be controlled by the insurance industry - cover with a vaccine £50, cover without a vaccine £5,000 + any covid related illness strictly excluded from policy.

I'll be staying at home again - just bought a heat pump for the pool, so holiday will be in the garden again!

So you can't have your 10 days in <insert generic holiday destination here>

Tough.

Deal with it.

As someone said on the box last night, it's ridiculous that many seem to think it's their god given right to go abroad almost no matter what.

'But you're helping to reduce the overall risk to you, others and the wider country by staying home.'

'We don't give a sh*t, we want our 10 days in holidayville no matter what! It also gives us the opportunity to moan if the rules change after we've booked and we can't get our money back! And we can REALLY ramp the moaning up if any of us contract covid whilst abroad!!'

So you can't have your 10 days in <insert generic holiday destination here>

Tough.

Deal with it.

As someone said on the box last night, it's ridiculous that many seem to think it's their god given right to go abroad almost no matter what.

'But you're helping to reduce the overall risk to you, others and the wider country by staying home.'

'We don't give a sh*t, we want our 10 days in holidayville no matter what! It also gives us the opportunity to moan if the rules change after we've booked and we can't get our money back! And we can REALLY ramp the moaning up if any of us contract covid whilst abroad!!'

My kids are at an age when holidays just seem a bit too much trouble for what it's worth.
Spend thousands of pounds for moany teenager to complain about no wifi on his phone, and moaning about being expected to be up before midday on holiday, or sit at home in my large sunny garden in the peace and quiet .... not a tough decision!

Holidays are a strange thing really. So many people know Spain and Greece better than they know Norfolk or the Peaks. Weird really.

We've booked a week in in Norfolk just after Easter in a holiday let and a week in Cornwall a hotel in July.

Its not worth the stress or hassle of even trying to go overseas until much later in the year in my opinion.

I think the Norfolk week has a 70:30 likelihood split in favour of it going ahead. Don't expect to be able to go to any restaurants while we're there though.

I think the mid july cornwall week will definitely happen though.

Both are refundable in the event that Covid rules prevent us going.

But, we've booked both with the full knowledge that they might not happen. But we wanted to make sure that if holidays are possible, we'd got in before the rush.

My kids are at an age when holidays just seem a bit too much trouble for what it's worth.
Spend thousands of pounds for moany teenager to complain about no wifi on his phone, and moaning about being expected to be up before midday on holiday, or sit at home in my large sunny garden in the peace and quiet .... not a tough decision!

Holidays are a strange thing really. So many people know Spain and Greece better than they know Norfolk or the Peaks. Weird really.

Got to get abroad ... got to get abroad ... got to get abroad ...

'Do you explore much of the country and the culture? The non touristy bits?'

'Nah.'

They are refundable, only if the business people have booked with, does not go bust.......:cautious::cautious:

In one case I heard about, when booked they were in ABTA, then dropped the membership to avoid the payout when inundated with the covid refund claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back