So.... how can I connect this...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
....I am adding a washbasin to my downstairs toilet. I have conencted up everything hung the sink, connected the taps. Everything. Ran the waste to where the toilet connection But cannot think how exactly I am going to connect it. Originally thought I would use a another angle whihc had a boss coming out the top but when I traied this there was not enough space to get the flexi hose in it. NOwe I am stumped....

Help!!!!

[/img]

Sponsored Links
without seeing more of the pic hard to say.
but as you say your using a flexi pan connector, fit a mcalpine flexi with a boss to take the basin waste.

i think you need to post a bigger picture of the area, could you add a small amount of 110mm before the flexible, then take the small ipe into this with a solvent weld thing. take it in from above?

Hi,

That is from Above and if you click on it it's huge :)

The McAlpine Flexi with Boss shounds good... but I cannot find one with google ?

It is so tight if I add any extra 110mm there will not be enough room to fit the flexi connector...

Cheers

Ben

Sponsored Links
OK.... think I can getting this.... so where do I get a solvent weld boos that isn't a strap on...

Is the grey pipe firmly bedded? Can it still be swiveled up slightly and a rigid connector be fitted to the pan, as suggested the type with the waste pipe connector. The flexible connector at the pan end looks strained over, if this is so one side of the seal inside will be over compressed and the other may hardly be making at all. It may work now but it will probably fail quite soon. Not good if its neatly boxed in.

when i said a bigger picture i mean maby of the whole wall. the basin pipe appears to be running up hill, and further so if you decided to take it into the top. the flexible pipe is abotu to pop off and looks very wrong. could you not use a proper elbow straight into the 110mm?

The grey pipe is well and trully fitted in. The to;liet has been there fore a good 2 years and so far no problems. But it is tight. IS there no way to take it in at the side rather thatn the top that ways can hide the pipe with boking if go in at the top soil pipe will run around the wall about foot and a half off the ground ?

Did think aboiut using some extra 110 pipe with a strap on boss but niot enough room to get the strap on boss behind it. Can you get solvent weld bosses that are no strap on type ?

I'm sure I have seen a flexi pan connector like the one you are using with a 1 1/4 boss on it, CPS I think, give them a try.

Extend waste pipe and get 2 90* elbows,get a 1 1/2 slvent strap on boss and connect on elbow,you can get them were they dont need screwing just glued and then your done

Extend waste pipe and get 2 90* elbows,get a 1 1/2 slvent strap on boss and connect on elbow,you can get them were they dont need screwing just glued and then your done

Will that work cos the profile on an elbow is different to a length of pipe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back