socket for lights in stairwell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am on with decorating the hall and stairs and i want to put some lighting down the stairwell, i have seen some lights that will do the job but they are just plug and go things really, as i have no socket near the stairs i was wanting to put 1 under the stairs as it will be out of sight but really easy to get to, the fuse box is also under there and was wondering if there is any way of using that or do i need to spur on another socket, please help if poss :) ty

Sponsored Links
If the fuseboard is there then an extra socket should be easy to fit.

Its not such an easy job as it means messing around with the fuseboard and theres a lot of volts in there.

So, that sorts out understairs.

What about the rest of the stairwell - wouldn't it be better to get some lights that can hook up to the existing stair lighting?

ty for that :) i am trying to keep the cost down as much as poss and the lights i have seen are mini LED's as i don't want the lights to large as they will be sunk into the sides of the stairwell. if there is any advice to which lights would be best all suggestions welcome :D the lights would be on for a couple of hours each evening just to provide a little ambient light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back