Soffit vent, Low pitch conundrum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(Edit: sorry title wrong, meant to say eaves vent)

17degree roof, marley mendips tiles, combined eaves tray and bird comb at the eaves supposed to be fixed to the top of the fascia and felt rested on top of it. However level of bottom tile batten is lower than top of eaves vent, so felt would droop. Eaves tile angle correct with this installed. Not sure what my options are other than bin the eaves tray or put the felt below it instead, which would totally negate the ventilation aspect of it?
Strange as it says suitable for min 15 degrees pitch so not sure what I’ve done wrong

Sponsored Links
Bottom tile droops then
How can it?

Work out what height the tile needs to be, and the vent goes at that height. Then you know how deep the fascia needs to be.

Fix the fascia, fix the vent and then get out of the sun.

Sponsored Links
See pic, point b is higher than point a
Vent is at the correct height for the tile angle

Attachments

• 17DDE2DB-78F1-4AC7-B516-A1A33808909D.jpeg
    17DDE2DB-78F1-4AC7-B516-A1A33808909D.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 135
I take it all back, I seem to have something wrong with my eyesight, as a level does indeed confirm it’s a downward slope (just). I really need to keep out of the sun now. Sorry to waste your time on such a nice day (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back