Soil Pipe and do I need it vented

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currrently renewing all my plumbing in a bathroom and the soil pipe was venting into the loft with a vent cap on the end. The pipe is on the inside of the wall and I am now putting a bath on that wall. I have removed the piping and now just have a 90degree bend under the floor. I am going to reroute the piping under parallel with wall and out the head end of the bath to the new WC. However I do not have a vent pipe/stack. What is the best way to approach this. Your help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
into the loft with a vent cap on the end.

Do you mean a vent cap or an air admittance valve?
You can use an AAV, above the flood level, but it won't give you a vent. Depends where the nearest one comes...

Sorry I meant an AAV on the end. Would it be best to go as far as knocking a hole in the outside wall and venting it as far as the eave? This would mean putting a bend in the the vent pipe and not vertical from the base is this ok?

I believe there is an issue with now running it outside. There is a bigger issue . I can't see how you can get an aav above the flood level unless under the bath you also t off and go to an adjacent room then up in the corner in a boxed in section. It seems you have removed a boxed in stack to fit your bath into a different place is that so? Otherwise you should still have the existing stack. Whatever the case you are in a muddle now which we could have preempted but can't fix. You could go round to building control and say "I've removed my soil stack to re arrange my bathroom so I now have no vent or aav, can I please put a bit of pipe up my outside wall to make provision?" see what they say, I don't think they'll say, "why not go and ask on diynot, those guys can sort you out".

Sponsored Links
smile_hilarious.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back