Soil pipe no drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My plumber has put a soil pipe in inside the house, going from the toilet and has made it completely level - he must have used a spirit level its that accurate :rolleyes:

Its a 2.5m run with no drop before a bend and then after the bend it has a normal drop. Is this likely to cause me problems or is it ok?

Sponsored Links
I know it should be to make it fully building regs compliant - minumum 18mm in 1m.
What I am asking is - in 2.5m length before the first bend - is it going to make enough difference in practice to risk falling over with blumber?

If you/him know that whys he put it in straight ?
common sense tells you turds are going to get stuck.
and i bet you have no rodding point.

Sponsored Links
There is no rodding point, yep, its all going to be boxed in and plastered over. I have no idea why he's done it that way - its fairly obvious. I guess we'll have a chat on Monday

Is it a new waste connection into the stack or the old waste just lengthened and toilet further away from stack ?

is it going to make enough difference in practice to risk falling over with blumber?
Well you might fall out with Plumber but I can kind of see why it ended up like that - the piece from the T in the vertical soil/vent pipe would have had a 2.5 angle built in which the pipe follows - but when it gets to the first bend ( going by your description) it`s already @ the correct height for the pan outlet :oops: so then has to run level .

The pipe goes from the ground up and into the house, a 4m straight piece which is at 2 degrees and then a 2.5m piece which is completely level. He obviously started first piece too high and then like you say had no choice.
Its a new installation though all the way from ground up, he made a choice how to put in so he can't really say he had to do it.

It really comes down to - I know its not correct but is it likely to be a problem that should be corrected or is it the short length of level pipe likely to mean that its no problem.

you will have problems with it, your plumber needs to redo the pipework from the stack.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back