soil pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have had soil pipe moved to corner, plumber says parts cost £150??? is this right? are soil pipe materials expensive

Sponsored Links
how long is a piece of string? I think more details are needed before a reasonable answer could be given

Yes that sounds about right. Your bathroom is 65 ft X 44 ft isn't it ? Unless he has used gold plated soil pipe he is quite literally pulling your chain pal.

i just did some checking the materials do cost nearly £150, that is if it is one strait run of 30m

as this is a diy forum, why dont you cost it your self, ask what pipes and fittings and do as i did check via the web. i went here it may be cheaper else where

Sponsored Links
After a quick look at the Builder Centre website you would pay around £5 per metre of 110mm soil pipe and Screwfix sell the Pan connectors at between £2.50 and a tenner so unless he has had to do major reconstructive surgery the materials shouldn't be anywhere near £150.

Breezer...... I was being sarcastic when I said the bathroom was 65 ft X 44 ft.
Did you honestly think anyone has a bathroom that big ? That would be a Ballroom , not a bathroom.

To be fair it depends what had to be done to move the soil pipe, if it was a full run from first floor to ground floor with a couple of bends and maybe a branch it sound about right.

:D Thankyou for all your replies, the work has already been done costing £250 labour and £200 materials (150 soil stuff!)

as a clueless female am not sure on exactly what was used, but basically, bathroom immediatly above garage, soil pipe moved to corner, a new connection ( flexible thing) to loo, soil pipe down into garage and bend to existing pipe, and then up to loft and out roof bit!!! I am not convinced it would cost that much in materials.......?
am i entitled to ask to see reciepts of what was bought for the job????

£450? thats steeper than the angle of the pipe.

only advice dont ask neighbour again

hellohello said:
am i entitled to ask to see reciepts of what was bought for the job????
It would be pointless if you already agreed on the price.

he quoted £250 plus parts, but didnt think the parts would come to that much.....
he has since said that he replaced all the pipes for the loo, basin and bath..maybe this bumped the price up... good advice though ..never again... :cry:

The price was high because of the cost of horse feed and black masks !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back