soil vent pipe connections

G

george765

Hi,
I have an existing steal soil vent pipe on outside of my house (vertical)with a 't' connection, and a bend turning through the wall to the upstairs w.c.
I plan to install another w.c. in the adjacent bedroom and will need to use the same sv pipe (which i plan to replace with plastic) the connection will come from the other side of the sv pipe.
I think I read somewhere that the w.c.connections must not be connected opposite or close to each other on the sv pipe (for obvious reasons).
The job will be under building control and I am presently doing the plans.
Can anyone tell me the current regulations in this situation, i.e. what the b/I will be happy with ?
many thanks, George

Sponsored Links
You can connect 2 wc's directly opposite each other as the design of the connection is angled so flow drops downwards not across.

117000_116904_10042_63670999_thumb.jpg

This is where you can't have a connection opposite in the shaded area, which is 200mm top to bottom.
Even that small boss on the rh side is ok to use as it's not fully in the shaded area and above the line of flow.

350.jpg

Thanks !
Really helpfull reply. I can now carry on drawing.
cheers,
George

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back