Soild Oak Flooring Idea.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to lay BQ solid oak flooring, but instead of laying it as a laminate, i want to bond it like parke (think thats how you spell it?). Could any one tell me if this would be ok. :?:

Cheers...Dom.

Sponsored Links
If you want to install your solid floor like parquet you glue it down fully with modern adhesive.
Things ot be aware off: your underfloor must be level, clean and grease free. With a concrete floor the moist in the concrete should not exceed 2%.
and always use a notched trowel!

Thanks WoodYouLike, also just to satisfy curiosity, if bonding wood flooring do i realy have to leave a gap at the wall for exspansion as surly being bonded it should not move?

Sponsored Links
Thanks WoodYouLike, also just to satisfy curiosity, if bonding wood flooring do i realy have to leave a gap at the wall for exspansion as surly being bonded it should not move?
wood works, no matter what installation method you choose. Always leave an expansion gap of minimum 10mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back