Solid Fuel boiler suddenly not heating water

It's odd that you should ask that question when I've stated many times on the forum, and once on this topic, that I'm not an RGI. Moreover, this topic is about a solid fuel boiler.

I suppose it's possible that you're illiterate.

Sponsored Links
I was ridiculing your statement as a JOKE you know, world revolving around Corgi & gas.. me being a gas engineer... asking where it states that in regs.....inferring that I am brainwashed into believing that the world does indeed revolve around Corgi & gas... Have you had a sense of humour By-pass.. Do you think Jim Carrey is funny.. How about Laurel & Hardy...Jerry Lewis??...as a child were you slapped around the face everytime you broke into a smile...

Bamber gaspipe said:
I was ridiculing your statement as a JOKE you know
I'm afraid not - jokes are amusing; mine particularly. I've seen your jokes lying around on the forum before - dead as a doornail with people stepping over them and averting their eyes.

I find you amusing...so that, by your own account would.. make.. you..a... come on .. fill in the last bit........ begins with.. J...

Sponsored Links
There you have it Ladies & Gents... Don`t mess with the Gas posse.. or you will end up like Mr. Softus..a broken..humiliated ..fool. (sniff).

oilman said:
Air lock?
Primatic cylinder :idea: ....ie. no small feed cistern.....If you can find this and a few other helpful comments within the dross on the thread :rolleyes: you may like to check for a roof space mounted small feed cictern.........Other posters from Scotland have mentioned Primatic cylinders

thnx nig f/gman

wife had dumped stuff in the loft that was constricting water supply - i had complained about access and *had* asked her to check water level !!!

I have learned from this :-
1) better not to allow wife access to loft
2) yes means no

thnx again, embarrassed

Hi d1ynut - could you recap - what did the fault turn out to be?

the hot water is generated by gravity
the little "open" plastic feed tank in the loft had run dry
every time i went into the loft over the years i looked in and never ever saw any movement whatsoever
recently my wife had started hoarding "junk" to the extent that it was difficult to access.
When this problem arose about a month ago i complained about access and asked her to check the water level since she didn't want me "messin'". She said it was ok - but on doing a personal check today it was bone dry =8-(

Further investigation showed the "junk" was pressing on the flexi input pipe and when eased water flowed again ... i am very very embarrassed

No need to be embarrassed - it could just as easily have been a stuck float valve (aka ball cock) causing exactly the same symptoms.

Thanks for letting us know that your lack of hot water was caused by an empty F&E cistern.

It wasn`t..an F&E tank has nothing to do with Hot water... it fills the Central heating system.

Bamber gaspipe said:
It wasn`t..an F&E tank has nothing to do with Hot water... it fills the Central heating system.
You have no remaining credibility, and I don't expect to be responding to any more of your posts; I propose that we ignore each other.

I lack credibility :!: You never had any to start with...you`re out of your depth. I agree for once with you..from now on I will ignore..

Softus said:
Thanks for letting us know that your lack of hot water was caused by an empty F&E cistern.

Firstly there was no lack of [hot] water. There was water ! It was a "lack" of the water being "hot" !

Agile said:
Firstly there was no lack of [hot] water. There was water ! It was a "lack" of the water being "hot" !
It's a common colloquialism to say that there was a lack of hot water, and in the context of this topic it's more than blindingly obvious that I was referring the original fault.

What's your second point?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back