Solid fuel fire in place of old gas fire?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
First post although I have used the forum for reference many times over the last year or so.
I have just removed a gas fire which has no gas supply to it ( don't know why yet - only moved in a few months ago) and my wife & I are toying with the idea of changing back to solid fuel.
I know I will need an appropriate flue liner but other than fully removing old gas pipe is there anything obvious I would need to do that you can see from the attached 'photos.
Any advice would be most gratefully received & if I've asked a stupid question, please don't hestate to let me know!!
Thankyou in advance,
Sidecartigger

Sponsored Links
Thanks Terry - oops!
So it just goes to show i'm far better at reading the forums than posting on them - I had saved the images to my album but not showed them on my topic.
Please find mages attached & hopefully save any further humiliation!

Sponsored Links
Thanks Terry - oops!
So it just goes to show i'm far better at reading the forums than posting on them - I had saved the images to my album but not showed them on my topic.
Please find mages attached & hopefully save any further humiliation!

Bugger so much for no more humiliation!
Images are showing on my album if you click on my name!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back