Solid fuel system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just replaced my coke fire, new one fitted ok but when refilling the system I have no heat in the radiaor side. the hot water side is ok, all rads have been bled ok, the top pipe at the heating side of the boiler is hot and when I switch the pump on the return pipe is getting cold, which I think it should be as this is returning cold water from the rads. It is a manifold with in line pump feeding eight rads. Any help please.
Ian

Sponsored Links
sounds like u have a major air lock or lota sludge. try turning off 1 of the downstairs rads open the air & remove bleed nipple. open one end of the rad & catch the water in a bucket. If u do it with the boiler warm turn off the valve when the pipe gets warm & do the same on the other end of the rad. PS have u got the pump on max & have u checked the motor spindle 4 rotation. If u drain through the vent do it with the pump off.

Hi
Thanks for the help, I now have all the rads working when the pump is running but I get no convection heating, i.e the upstairs rads always stayed hot when the pump was off. Any ideas on this one please.
Thanks
Ian.

Sponsored Links
sparky2010 said:
Hi
Thanks for the help, I now have all the rads working when the pump is running but I get no convection heating, i.e the upstairs rads always stayed hot when the pump was off. Any ideas on this one please.
Thanks
Ian.
There is probably a valve in the flow to the upstairs rads that SHOULD stop circulation...it wasn`t before and is now due to drain/refill...it`s a non motorised valve usually, and is like a long brass coupling on the flow pipe to u/strs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back