solid wood flooring to concrete

They might take it back if you try to pack it all back into the boxes carefully, but not sure about their policy (and hope you don't turn angry with me for suggesting to open the boxes to check the contents!)
But, like said before, for £ 35.72 a sq m (21 sq m for £ 750) the quality of the boards is normally proper, nothing wrong with the product on its own.

DIY-not doesn't have a PM service, only when you add your email address in your profile others can contact you.

Sponsored Links
They might take it back if you try to pack it all back into the boxes carefully, but not sure about their policy (and hope you don't turn angry with me for suggesting to open the boxes to check the contents!)
But, like said before, for £ 35.72 a sq m (21 sq m for £ 750) the quality of the boards is normally proper, nothing wrong with the product on its own.

DIY-not doesn't have a PM service, only when you add your email address in your profile others can contact you.

I like the quality of the wood,looks really nice but as you say there are too many short peices! And I got 25% off on the sale.

It also looks like it's not a DIY job.

Do you know what the costs are in getting it fitted for me??

How much does your product cost??

Our products are higher in price - and no short lengths! But not allowed to 'advertise' our products or services here. You could check our website, see my profile.

Sponsored Links
Our products are higher in price - and no short lengths! But not allowed to 'advertise' our products or services here. You could check our website, see my profile.

Hi again, well after a long chat with carpetright they will not give me a refund or even swap for another product.So I am stuck with this flooring.

I then went next door to B&Q and after my second advice from 2 different people there,I was told to fit a plywood subfloor and then secret nail it to that. To fit a new subfloor is an extra £300 in wood and hire of a nail gun etc. Not cheap by any means and all caused by poor advice from carpetright and B&Q!!

Sorry to hear goatlips. IMHO you're still better off (and cheaper) to glue down the floor on your concrete underfloor.

And to be honest, it's mainly the fault from the manufacturer for not informing you on the packet what the real sizes of the boards will be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back