Solid Woood on Concrete Floors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of laying solid wood onto my concrete floor. I have had conflicting information on whats the best method for doing this. Some people are telling me I will need a sub-floor and others are telling me that as long as the wood is glued together correctly, then a floating floor is suffice. It is a new build so the concrete floor has only been down a couple of months. Any advice??

Sponsored Links
Floating floor is fine, you need to put foam underlay down first though. Also, the concrete must be < 12% humidity but this is not a problem if the floor is properly DPM'ed

Cheers Eddie, as you can probably tell, I am starting to panic as I move into the new house in a couple of weeks!

Sponsored Links
You might want to test the humidity of the floor first, and also it is important to acclimatise the flooring for a few days (a week) in the room in which it is going to be laid. Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back