Some general feedback on a DIY business concept

Would I consider renting my tools out for extra cash?

• Yes

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Maybe / Depends

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I borrowed (lent) my Hedge trimmer to my neighbour and when he returned the gear box was gone, and when i confronted him regarding what he had been lobbing off, thicker branches, he denied it, and I said well he was the last parson to have used it, so i won't be ever lending my tools to anyone, yet he can afford to buy expensive cars and show off each year.

I lend my tools, but i also now present a collection box and insists that a fiver must be inserted as a bare minimum fee for the trouble which i donate to cats charity

Sponsored Links
will the equiptment be safety checked before its loaned out to strangers. will the equiptment be insured for the safety aspect ?

I wouldn't want to lend my tools out, not because they might get broken but because I would be without them for work. Every day is different for me, sometimes plumbing, sometimes tiling or floor laying or decorating.

I also wouldn't want to borrow tools in case I broke them.

Not all my tools are great but one does tend to get used to the feel of them.

Sorry!

I borrowed (lent) my Hedge trimmer to my neighbour and when he returned the gear box was gone, and when i confronted him regarding what he had been lobbing off, thicker branches, he denied it, and I said well he was the last parson to have used it

You're not called Flanders, are you? :LOL:

Okily dokily!

Sponsored Links
My site is a platform for renting and sharing your tools, ...........

I can think of one tool on here that we'd be happy to get off our hands for a while. Only downside is he's located in France. :LOL:
I'm honoured and complimented that you should assume that my name is "Toole".
I don't consider being located in France as a downside.
Throughout histoy very few Irish surnames have maintained their exclusive forms. Before being transalted into English, Toole appeared as O Tuathail, which is derived from tuathal, which means "people mighty."
http://www.houseofnames.com/Toole-history?A=54323-292[/QUOTE]
We can guess what your name is derived from.

transparent liquid which is a common organic solvent used in painting and decorating.............White spirit is used as an extraction solvent
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_spirit[/QUOTE]

We know what substance you're trying to extract all the time. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
But were you aware that the solvent contains the substance that has been extracted? :LOL: :LOL: So next time someone says to you, "you're full of it", they'll mean it literally. :LOL: :LOL:

Whilst I am equally honoured that you put an amount of research into your retort to my off-the cuff, one-liner - any comedic value that you hoped to achieve was drowned out by the verbosity of your response. Surprisingly, this is the first occasion that someone has come back at me with quotes from Wikipedia.

Who knows about the origins of my user name. Maybe I'm a closet white supremacist. :eek:

And you're definitely a tool. With or without the extra vowel. :LOL:

well would you believe it,my local paper just ran a similar article about this being set up recently by others,looks like theyve beaten you to it.

@gregers - do you remember the name of the paper or website? I'm also in your neck of the woods, so would like to take a look!

yes m8,eastbourne hearld.tried looking for a linky for you on there website but i susspect as it isnt a topish story it wont be listed,so it looks like your have to find 1 and have a read of it.hth.

Sponsored Links
Back