some one please help me

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a Britony Combi Chaffoteaux & Maury wall mounted boiler i inherited it when i moved into this house 3 years ago everything has been fine with it, untill today, my radiators are getting hot but i have no hot water at all i have turned it off by the front mounted switch then switched it back on again to the mark for water and heating when i turn the heating on the boiler kicks in and the radiators get hot but when i turn the hot tap on the little flame doesnt light up,and i cant hear the boiler id like somone please to advise me if you would i dont want to call a plumber out if its something simple i just havent got the money to pay for one, also can u if possible explain so a woman will understand i have no male here haha :cry:

Sponsored Links
can i offer the following.
you dont want a plumber, you need a heating engineer (they are different)
Check out your local companies and ask do they know about your brand of boiler, and their rates.

But hopefully some one can give you the answer you need

Sponsored Links
:idea: Diverter valve has failed, it is a common failure on this model of boiler.:cool:
All the best

Heard it all before, I go round and do it for £25.00 then you tell me your off to visit son/daughter in america/australia for six months when I'm halfway out the door, dont make my heart bleed.

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
Heard it all before, I go round and do it for £25.00 then you tell me your off to visit son/daughter in america/australia for six months when I'm halfway out the door, dont make my heart bleed.

actually i dont have any relatives who live abroad......and i cannot afford because i lost my job thru illness
THANKYOU to all who gave me positive replys now i know approx wat is wrong i can phone round to see who is the cheapest
thankyou again xxxxx

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
:LOL: :LOL:
Glad to see you are still with us ;)

grannyanne said:
............ i can phone round to see who is the cheapest

Don't.

It's not what you want. You might get a cheap price over the phone and, surprise, he discovers there are other problems which are serious and life threatening and must be done straight away etc. etc.

Talk to people, or look in your local parish mag for someone.

masona said:
.....don't worry about PVM because he got the hump with this government at the moment

Trouble is, sometimes it's difficult to see if it's PVM with the hump or a camel masquerading as a plumber :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back