Some questions about VRT 50 programmable stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a VRT 50 for a few days now and it works well with the Ecotec 831 combi and 130 timer. It maintains a much more stable house temp than the anologue dial type stat.

Vaillant user instructions I find is not the best!

Firstly the gumph says it 'can' be set to modulate the boiler depending on the room temp but doesn't say anymore ----- I assume it does this automatically depending on difference between actual temp & target temp.

Also it says you can swich between 2 point control or continuous control and tells you how to. Perhaps I'm missing something but what's the difference? In 'continuous' does it mean you can overide the 130 controls on the boiler?

What's the difference between the 2 settings?

Sorry if daft question but as said the lit aint the best!!

Sponsored Links
IIRC the 2 point analogue mode will tell the boiler what flow temperature to use depending on the current temperature, when this option is selected you should set the boiler stat to max.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back