some radiators not warming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thanx for your replies,didn\\\'t think it would happen so fast.Agile thanx 4 the great step by step descriptive info.I\\\'ve done as you said and i do now have water and heating but the heating is warmer in some places (closer to the Boiler) and the 3 furtherest do not warm at all.I repeatedly flushed the system again (cos water was orange cos of rust) until water ran clear.As far as i'm aware there is no zone valve.The pump is at 10 past eight,do I need to adjust it ,if so which way and how much.Bengasman how is power flush done?and how do you intr inhibitor/descaler into system if no tank in loft?advice much appreciated.Also advice on keeping bill down.Is it cheaper to run heating on low all the time or on high on timer say twice a day and does switching spare radiators off make any difference?How can u tell which valve is for what on the radiator,and which way to turn and how much.how was i supposed to isolate the valves on the boiler?yes i need the idiots guide to.As i said I\\\'m new to all this.thanx again :D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
turn the ones that are hot down a bit on the locksheild valves

try a search on balancing :idea:
which out the two is the lockshield valve,which way do i turn it and how much.3 radiators furtherest from boiler closest to outside bleed valve do not warm at all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back