Sometimes you just know you are right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I sometimes go to a local town for a fairly decent lunch time meal in small cafe. I always pay with my phone, using a little white square g. adget they use for contactless payments. I have all of my cards on the phone, but the default card to use is my Nat West one for everything. Before they got this little gadget, I would pay using the Nat West card and pin, never a problem. Since they got the gadget, it fails every time, but I habitually continue to use it when there.

As I did today - and as usual it rejected the payment, so I tried TSB which worked fine, as always, but I made a comment about their gadget always rejecting Nat West. The response was that the fault was my end, despite have already used it for two purchases yesterday and three successful purchase before going in the cafe this morning.

Sometimes trying to convince someone they are wrong, even when you are certain they are - is just not worth the effort.

Sponsored Links
Ask them if they get other issues with NatWest mobile payments.

A lot of computer bugs that people encounter are when there's an odd combination of devices and versions that perfectly align to not work. It might be that your phone is ok with most readers but not that one, and that their reader is compatible with most phones and NatWest but not yours.

Sponsored Links
I sometimes go to a local town for a fairly decent lunch time meal in small cafe. I always pay with my phone, using a little white square g. adget they use for contactless payments. I have all of my cards on the phone, but the default card to use is my Nat West one for everything. Before they got this little gadget, I would pay using the Nat West card and pin, never a problem. Since they got the gadget, it fails every time, but I habitually continue to use it when there.

As I did today - and as usual it rejected the payment, so I tried TSB which worked fine, as always, but I made a comment about their gadget always rejecting Nat West. The response was that the fault was my end, despite have already used it for two purchases yesterday and three successful purchase before going in the cafe this morning.

Sometimes trying to convince someone they are wrong, even when you are certain they are - is just not worth the effort.
Maybe there is a simple explanation.
It could be a plot to get as many card details as possible before they are sold in bulk to card scammers. Where do you think the majority of I. d theft comes from?

What, the same card repeatedly failing? The beauty of contactless, is that no usable details are exchanged. It is much more secure than using cash.
I can't see how it's more secure to use contactless rather than cash.
Please explain.

I can't see how it's more secure to use contactless rather than cash.

Have you never lost/been pick pocketed of your wallet - have you never deliberately been given the wrong change? I don't make a habit of carrying my wallet or carrying any money at all. My phone pays for all I need and is absolutely secure, despite having instant access to many thousands of pounds - without me close to the phone, the phone is useless as a source of access to that money. Unlike money, where I have to always make sure I have enough, or get more - I have, as I said, access to thousands more than I could possibly need.

If I use it to make a payment to anyone, I instantly see the notification on the phone. How does that compare to your cash carrying?

Have you never lost/been pick pocketed of your wallet - have you never deliberately been given the wrong change? I don't make a habit of carrying my wallet or carrying any money at all. My phone pays for all I need and is absolutely secure, despite having instant access to many thousands of pounds - without me close to the phone, the phone is useless as a source of access to that money. Unlike money, where I have to always make sure I have enough, or get more - I have, as I said, access to thousands more than I could possibly need.

If I use it to make a payment to anyone, I instantly see the notification on the phone. How does that compare to your cash carrying?
Never been pick pocketed, never lost money.
On occasions I was given the wrong change but as I am awake I realised.
I use cards as a back up in case I don't have enough and on one of those occasions they cloned my card and it took months to get the money back from the bank.
Contactless is even easier, although they can only spend £100 a day.
Sorry but I don't see the benefit for the people, but I perfectly understand why banks want a cashless society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back